Thursday, August 02, 2007

New photographic endevors

With turn from winter to spring and summer, my interest in photography has sprung back to normal. How can you not want to take pictures when the world is so bright and colorful? Snow just seems to kill it for me.


First, I became obsessed over a Canon 10-22mm wide-angle lens. I took a few test shots with one at Best Buy, but haven't purchased one yet.

I really like the way it creates leading lines, and you can do some pretty creative things with a close-up subject too.

I've also been thinking about trying to get into real-estate photography for some extra income. A wide lens would be very helpful.




However, my interest in a new lens went to the backburner again after I started reading strobist.blogspot.com. It's a site full of information on using off-camera lighting. "LESS GEAR • MORE BRAIN • BETTER LIGHT" is their motto. And so after reading everything on the site, I purchased a starter kit.

I have been loving it.



There are too many pictures to post here, so check my recent flickr posts to see just how much I have been enjoying the flash. I've even had a few people ask me to take portraits and/or engagement photos of them.